Thursday, August 18, 2005

A quick update...

...explaining the lack of updates. I started this blog on Monday. On Tuesday, we had our first production staff meeting for Five Women. It was then that I learned that the show is slated to open September 1st. That's two weeks from today. I got the final prop list tonight. Which is thankfully pared down from the excessively specific prop list in the script. Thankfully except for the fact that I've been gathering props based on that original prop list, so about half of what I've got isn't needed.

Don't get me wrong. I seem to work best with a tight deadline, so I'm not upset or anything. It's just I've had almost no free time to sit down and write. Which is at least part one of the reasons I started this blog. I need to get into the habit of writing. Even if this never reaches a readership beyond myself, I want to make it as near to a daily thing as possible. I've kicked around the idea of writing many things over the years, including starting a blog. I've started several projects, but lost interest before they ever really got off the ground. This is, in part, an attempt to get used to writing regularly, so I can maybe be comfortable enough writing to actually finish something.

Basically, I have three goals for this site. One is the aforementioned training myself to write regularly. The second is essentially outlined in the inaugural post: create an open forum for theatre fans and participants in and around Omaha to discuss what's going on in Omaha theatre. The third is kind of a side effect of number two. That is to have a place to keep track of who is doing what in all the shows I see, and hopefully allow others to contribute about shows I didn't see, so I have a handy reference when TAG Award nominations roll around next year. An open reference that others can use as well.

If I was more ambitious, I'd start some kind of imdb equivalent for Omaha theatre. Something like the Internet Database In Omaha Theatre. Well, then again, maybe not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you who don't know about 5 women... it is a great show that was done a few years back through THE BLUE BARN. They have reunited most of the original cast for this production.

Not only should you see this show because it is going to be some of the best actresses in town performing, or because great people are helping out top to bottom (like Pooga!!!!) but also...

SUPPORT LOCAL THEATRE YA BASTARDS!!

Love and Kisses,
the Corinthians

5:40 PM, August 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home